CLEONA BOROUGH POLICE DEPARTMENT

Lebanon County Pennsylvania

 

 

 

     

HISTORY

 

In 1934, the first elected constable, Nester Long, was supplied with a badge, handcuffs and a blackjack. In 1941, Herman Killian succeeded him and Russell "Tussie" Miller was appointed "special officer" to police the borough streets. Irwin Long was the next constable and was succeeded by Charles Meyer. At present, Councilman Richard Fields holds this position.

An ordinance to organize a police department was adopted on November 12, 1956. The first police chief was Simon Carpenter, followed by Warren Sheaf, Robert Watson, Larry Boyer, and Mark Kristovensky.

In the late 90's the force had 2 fulltime officers and 5 part-time officers and in 2002 the Borough decided to employ only fulltime officers.

At present, Chief Raymond J. Barry III heads the department of 3 fulltime officers and 1 school crossing guard. The department now has officer's trained and assigned to special duties such as Bicycle Patrol, Crime Prevention Officer, Accreditation Manager, Accident Investigation, and Firearms Instructor.

The department also provides full police services to Annville Township on a "Shift Exchange Program", where the Borough Police Department covers the Township on prearranged dates and times.

 

 

Chief Mark Kristovensky

 

Chief Mark Kristovensky

 

Officer Ken Horst, Chief Mark Kristovensky, Officer Daniel Erdman, and Mayor John H. Hartman

(from left to right)

 
 

 

 

 

 

140 West Walnut Street Cleona Pennsylvania 17042
Office (717) 274-2510 Fax (717) 274-3975 Dispatch (717) 272-2054 Emergency Dial 911
2005-Present, All Rights Reserved.